lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

Target audience: 20 - 35 years old (Introduction)

This is the introduction of a series that will address the context this generation is in and open a door to the understanding of this group of people that is changing the way society works because we have already included Internet as a vital part of our lives. Im exactly 31 years old so, Im in kind in the middle of it all.

Ok im going to talk about: Internet and will anaylze what has happened since I wrote that academic essay "the new hipermedia the beginning of the end of the mass media hegemony" back in 2008. I will talk about how every new communication technology has reshaped us first as individuals then as societies and last of all AS CONSUMERS . Marketing comes after economics and sociology because marketing is a group of techiques developed from social sciences principles so we cannot talk about marketing effectively without understanding the social and economic contexts the consumer is in.

Uff! that's a lot of talking about. So, this is the beginning of a series of posts in which I will address different subjects and how they are related to the Internet and how this new technologies that have already changed our wolrd and the way we interact with it (and yet to come). Here are the subjects I will deal with hopefully twice a month. I am trying to discipline myself in blog updating.


1. Quick summary of the context (what has happened, between 2008 and now)
2. The new cultural renaissance courtesy of web 2.0, Audiences vs Actors. Passive vs Active
3. The new consumer, new habits, new speed, millions of products and services, a new power.
4. Letting the imagination go: Let's make some predictions and look at some trends.

So hereby I promise to keep this blog updated on this subject at least twice a month (if I can do it once a week will be super cool). Help me keep my promise by commenting and asking questions!

Until next time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario